Fundraising: Guiding Principles
Our commitment and responsibilities to our supporters and those we support.
As a charity seeking donations from the public we ACT for Meningitis, aim to comply with
the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising. Our pledge is to treat all our donors
with respect, honesty and openness.
We commit to being accountable and transparent so that donors and prospective donors
can have full confidence in ACT for Meningitis. We promise we will effectively apply your
gifts to us for their intended purposes. We commit that you, our donors and prospective
- Be informed of the organisation’s mission, and of the way the organisation intends to use
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on the organisation’s governing board, and that
the board will exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
- Have access to the organisation’s most recent financial statements.
- Be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- Be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with
confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- Expect that all relationships with individuals representing the charity will be dealt with
- Be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the
organisation or hired third party agents.
- Have easily available the agreed procedures for making and responding to complaints.
- Have the opportunity for any names to be deleted from mailing lists and to be informed if
the organisation intends to share the mailing lists with third parties.
- Receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers to questions you might have of the
What to do if you have feedback
If you do have a comment about any aspect of our work, you can contact ACT for Meningitis in writing or by telephone. In the first instance, your comment will be dealt with by our Chief Executive. Please give us as much information as possible and let us know how you would like us to respond, providing relevant contact details. Write to:
The Chief Executive, ACT for Meningitis
7b, Royal Rock, Ballybane Industrial Estate, Galway
Do you know the signs and symptoms
If you would like to make a donation to ACT for Meningitis, you can use the button below
or alternatively you can text “ACT” to 50300 to donate €4